TAKE THE PAIN OUT OF HIRING USING JOB BENCHMARKING
January 26, 2021
Cindy Jacoby and Martha Forlines
Swim with the DISCy Chicks as we dive into the job benchmarking process. Together we cover step by step the benchmarking process using the DISC Behaviors and Driving Forces assessment. Below are the primary steps of the job benchmarking process:
- Human resources professionals
- Key executives in the business
- Hiring Managers
- Recruiting firms
- High turnover roles
- Brand new roles
- Where there are departments with the same or similar roles
- Key roles in the organization - professional roles and key leadership
- Brainstorming session with three to four subject matter experts that are actually doing the job.
- Facilitate the discussion around the key accountabilities for the job- the reasons the job exists
- Prioritize the accountabilities from most important to less important and how much time they spend doing these key accountabilities
- Using these key accountabilities have the subject matter experts to take the DISC Behaviors and Driving Forces assessment for the job...not themselves. The results indicate the behavioral and motivational profile that increases the opportunity for a job and culture fit for the role.
- TTISI (our vendor) then consolidates the results so the optimal profile for the role is produced. Now we are ready for our clients screen and interview candidates and typically have the top two people to complete their own assessment that is compared to the job profile. A gap report is created to compare and contrast the candidates so the manager can make their best hiring decision.
- Other collateral benefits is the job data collected enables HR or the hiring manager to create, with pinpoint accuracy, the job description as well as create precise job ads that attract the right people in the marketplace. Not to mention once the optimal candidate is hired the assessments can be used as part of the onboarding process for the new employee and their manager.
So, listen to the experts talk through the many, many benefits to you hiring managers about job benchmarking!
Visit our website to download valuable resources that help you bring assessments to your organization!